Sunday, October 07, 2012

A Saturday Ride

I think I may try alternating between riding on Sunday to riding on Saturdays. I went for a Saturday ride for a change and experienced a better ride than I do on most Sundays due to far less traffic. 

While tempted to go to my favourite northern NSW area I thought maybe the north might be quieter on a Saturday and worth trying instead. I rarely go north as I find the roads south much better however when I do go north I always encounter very heavy motorcycle traffic and more than one police trap. But Saturday and it is much quieter and more enjoyable. I was even able to use the Bruce highway to come home quickly which I would not attempt on a Sunday afternoon.

IMG_0945b

I tried a couple of different (to my usual) cafes today. First a coffee at Woodford Cafe Cabaret, nice spot to sit and watch the bikes roll by, even has a lounge chair out front on the footpath.

P1011516

Had lunch at Sweethearts cafes at Eudlo and the coffee was good, focaccia was ordinary.

P1011535b

Spoiled for choice where to stop riding north. I was too late for coffee too early for lunch in either Maleny or Kenilworth but still there seems to be cafes at almost every turn between Dayboro and Mapelton.

I am still missing the cruise control from the BMW in North America. Had a bit of wrist cramp setting in on the way.I am tempted to drag out the Vista throttle lock device from retirement and fit it to the CB… but throttle lock devices only provide a few moments rest as the bikes never seem to sit at a constant speed for long, either slowly decelerating or slowly gaining speed. I have a couple of throttle wrist rest devices too but found they do not work well either. Shame, I do not want a tourer but would like some of their features. What I am going to get is one of the higher seats that are available for the CB in Japan as the extra leg room will give me a good boost in comfort. If it is suitably cushioned then I may be able to remove the Air Hawk as well. Looks wise it does not bother me just would enjoy having more seat to move about on.

P1011527b

Todays route here.

No comments:

Post a Comment