Tuesday, January 10, 2012

More New Zealand motorcycle tour

I have finally had some time to edit all the video footage I was provided of the New Zealand ride I completed last November, but it is no Spielberg.

This was shot with a GoPro HD camera and all these action cams use a wide angle lens which when mounted high on a helmet of a rider has the unfortunate effect of slowing down movement yet remains not wide enough to capture all the scenery the rider can see while riding. Thus the footage of roads all seems to look alike to viewers so I have trimmed about 8 hours to 4 1/2 minutes.
There is no music, you can mute the wind noise rather then put up with some dumb soundtrack, the bike sometimes in front of the camera bike is me. If you click to watch on Youtube up size it to 480 res and it will look much better that size than the default low res.

Edit: have uploaded it to Vimeo as YouTube repeatedly damaged the file.






My original report and photos on his ride is here
As promised a few extra photos as well:
PB140106

PB140114

PB140119

PB150145

PB160169

PB160179

PB170210

PB170230

I have been out for a couple of rides here but could not get motivated to write about them after the splendor of riding New Zealand.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe not Spielberg, but Uwe Boll or Michael Bay would be pretty proud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, would just like to say how impressed I am with your work here IC. I have only recently googled "North Coast Motorcycle Rides" or something similiar so only discovered this a few days ago. So happy though as I live near Bangalow and my second left from my driveway is the start of Coolamon Scenic Drive. I have been plotting rides ever since and am excited about having so many recomended roads so close. Thankyou for all the effort you have put into this site it is inspiring.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome Scott, check my ride reports or archives for many routes in your area, basically you live right in my favorite place to ride!

    ReplyDelete