Sunday, July 20, 2008

Helmet testing


The UK government recently completed the first round of testing motorcycle helmets and some of the results may surprise you. They give a 1 to 5 star rating to each helmet and thankfully none were only 1 star, however a few were only awarded 2 stars and there are some big brand name helmets that don't fare much better. Only 5 helmets make it to 5 stars (as of this posts date) and I was delighted to see the Shark RSR2 I have in that elite group.

Get over to their site and have a read.

2 comments:

  1. At least my Scoprion EXO-700 got 4 stars. Much better than the HJX CS-12 I had initially with only 2 stars. Great site. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last two helmets were KBC's which rate rather poor (and they are bad too!) so I got lucky with the Shark.

    ReplyDelete