Monday, June 09, 2008

Japan Motorcycle tour reloaded #3

(This post is out of date, please go to the blogs main page and read the more recent information about Japan)

Raining here this holiday long weekend so no riding again.

I have been working on my ride plans for Japan and want to share some sites that may be of some assistance to anyone else thinking of doing a ride in Japan...


I can find two motorcycle forums in Japan run by and for the English speaking riders.

Tokyo Riders which I have no longer kept a link to is in the Yahoo forums and is difficult to navigate or search being on the antiquated yahoo message system.

Gaijin Riders is an excellent source of information.

I have deleted much of this post as it was inaccurate due to age. Please visit my newer posts for information about where to rent motorcycle, affordable hotels and food.


 


Rider Lodge in the mountains where I will stay. Also has the owners motorcycle rides blog with suggested routes listed on the hotel site. (in Japanese only so try using translation via Google or Excite)

4 comments:

  1. I went to Motorcycle Town in Ueno when I was in Japan at the end of last year. It was fun to look through all the stores but there was not much in the way of foreign gear. Most of the stuff on the shelves was "Outlaw" brand...which I think is a local Japanese brand. The coolest thing was seeing the different models - all from different brands - in a single multi-floor store. There were also some pretty cool choppers on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam, yes a few brands there I was not aware of. I did find some shops with the more well known brands located on the fringes however I wasnt really looking to buy anything just for something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mate
    where did you buy the All Japan Touring 100 book from? I cant seem to find it when I do the search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the book from Amazon Japan , its a 2nd hand copy as the book was a one off that is out of print.

    They currently produce a set of 'Mapple' books for six areas of Japan with suggested touring/riding routes and maps for the each area the particular book covers.

    This book I have doesn't have much in the way of maps in it more an overview so I am going to get the Mapple that covers the area around Tokyo when I arrive.

    ReplyDelete