Saturday, September 29, 2007

Australian Moto-GP tour

No rides at the moment however I preparing to leave in one week for my tour south to Phillip Island, Melbourne, to attend the 2007 Australian round of the Moto-GP.

I am in no rush, so I am taking 2 weeks to ride down and back. The journey is the destination for me so I plan to ride no more than 600km per day (easy on a motorcycle) which means I can stop as I please to enjoy the sights along the way.

Of course I am taking in all the best motorcycle roads on the east coast of Australia there and back and swinging over to the Great Ocean Rd as well as 2 days in the NSW and VIC alpine regions. So expect a huge boost to my 'Good Motorcycle Roads' listings outside of my local area and 100's of new photos.

I'll try and post up my pre trip bike photo - touring on a MV Agusta perhaps might not the first thing that people think of with that brand of bike however its upright and (now) has the suspension compliant, add the air-hawk cushion and its as comfy as most others. And it sure will be fun along the way in the twisty roads.

Here is a video of a Brutale from MotorcycleUSA.com an excellent e-zine that I recommend you visit.



video

2 comments:

  1. I'm very jealous that sounds like an awesome trip and you get to see the Moto GP at the end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guitar noize. Its a trip I have been wanting to do for some time now. A few friends have expressed an interest in doing the ride with me but they have canceled out, as they have done of other things, so thats their loss as I plan to have my best ride ever!

    ReplyDelete